Formalities - Lillebaelt Academy of Professional Higher Education


Basic rules concerning visa, residence permits, work permits, registration, and health insurance for foreign nationals coming to Denmark.


Anyone visiting Denmark for short periods of time from a country with a visa requirement for entering the country must obtain a visa before arriving here. If an individual wishes to reside for a longer period, he or she must apply for a residence permit.

NB! EU citizens and citizens from Nordic countries do not need a visa.

A visa does not grant the holder a right to work in Denmark, but you can apply for a work permit, which allows you to work up to 15 hours per week and fulltime in June, July and August.

Further information may be found on the home page of the Danish Immigration Service

Kold College will assist you during the application process!

Registration at the National Register

The National Register ('Folkeregisteret') is the central register for all residents in Denmark. Foreign nationals are considered Danish residents when staying in Denmark for more than three months. All registered residents receive a personal registration number (cpr-number).

You will find the National Register at the Citizen Service Center. Remember to bring your passport and your residence permit (usually stamped in the passport).

All Nationalities

If you change your address during your stay in Denmark, the National Register must be notified no later than five days after you have moved. Also inform the post office as your mail then automatically will be transferred to your new address for six months after moving.

When you leave Denmark, you must notify the National Register no later than five days prior to your departure.

An overview of the requirements