Insurance during internship

If you are completing an internship in a public or private workplace in Denmark, the internship company’s Industrial Injuries Insurance covers you.

The student should thus be covered by the company's compensation and liability to the same degree as ordinary employees.

Be aware that this is only for internships, only in Denmark, and only within the internship period as stipulated in the study programmes curriculum. If you choose any other type of internship, an internship outside of Denmark, or an internship exceeding the stipulated period as mentioned in the curriculum, you will not be covered by the company’s Industrial Injuries Insurance, and therefore should take out a personal insurance.

General information about insurance

 As a student, you should be aware that you are not covered by the UCL University College’s insurance arrangements.

You should, therefore, look into your own insurances to be sure that you are covered, for example, Liability insurance and Personal Accident insurance. If you are not covered, we recommend that you find a relevant insurance and sign a policy.

You can contact your union to hear if you are covered through your membership.

As a student at UCL, you are liable for any injury-inducing actions or omissions, regardless if they happen during breaks or during classes. This includes third parties, which means that you are liable when visiting companies or attending excursions with your class, etc.