Studying and working

Some students like to have a job while they are studying. It brings in extra money and is a way of socializing with the Danes. But do remember that the study programme must be your first priority.

NON EU students are allowed to work max. 15 hours per week and full time in June, July and August.

In order to obtain a job as a foreigner in Denmark you need these documents: 
- A work permit 
- A “Tax Card”. Find information about tax and tax Card here

International students must expect a period of 2-3 month after arrival to obtain the documents.

You may read more about the legislation concerning foreigners and work on the web page of The Danish Immigration Service