Nordplus grant

Nordplus grant for internship

You can apply for a Nordplus scholarship if you are going to do your internship at a company or organisation in one of the Nordic or Baltic countries.


  • You have to be a student at UCL University College
  • Your internship must last between 3-12 months
  • You can apply for the Nordplus scholarship for internship once
  • You can participate in one Nordplus study abroad and one Nordplus internship during your education
  • Your internship company should be located abroad in one of the Nordplus-countries. It can be a public or private company

In case of insufficient funds in relation to the number of applicants, we will award grants according to the following criteria (in the order listed below):

  • Study periods abroad at a partner institution (either Erasmus+ or Nordplus partners, depending on which grant the applicant applies for)
  • Traineeships abroad. Destination must be different than the student’s country of origin
  • Traineeship abroad in the student’s country of origin
  • Traineeships abroad, where the applicant has not yet found a traineeship company at the application deadline

Your internship coordinator is responsible for approving your internship.


200 EURO per month (year 2018/19 rate).

Travel grant is added for the following destinations:

  • To/from Greenland: 1300 EURO.
  • To/from the Faroe Islands and Iceland: 660 EURO.

You can only receive a grant for the number of months of internship required in your curriculum.

Application deadline

Application deadline for the Nordplus scholarship is:

  • 1 May for autumn semester
  • 1 November for spring semester

You can find the application form on this page. 


You will receive an email from the international office with information about whether you will been given a grant or not. 


Before your departure, you need to fill out and hand in some documents to the international office. The international office will send these documents to you when you have been accepted for Erasmus+ grant for internship.