InnoEvent 2017 focusing on dementia
InnoEvent is a project that gathers students from Lillebaelt Academy, University College Lillebaelt and Lillebaelt Academy. The students work across studies to create innovative solutions to some of Odense University Hospital’s present issues.
This year 150 students are going to help ease the everyday life for people with dementia and their relatives.
The students are going to develop ideas, which will:
- Give people with dementia and their families a better life in their homes
- Give new solutions to the ‘dementia city’ in Odense
- Give new solutions that can create more dementia-friendly units and hospitals
During the week, the students will get knowledge about dementia through meetings with:
- Healthcare specialists with expertise in dementia
- Relatives to people with dementia
- Businesses working with solutions that helps people with dementia
The project week is celebrated with an award day 18 March. The students will present their ideas and solutions to a jury consisting of experts, leaders and businesses.
Odense University Hospital (OUH) is one of the partners from InnoEvent and they are expecting a lot from the students solutions and ideas.
-OUH and our cooperating partners e.g. the municipality of Odense and OK-Fonden have great expectations to the new and innovative solutions that will be brought into play during the week, says Manager from OUH Peder Jest.